Wednesday, December 17, 2008

INFJ.

We were discussing Myers-Briggs tonight, so I figured I'd share.  I couldn't remember for sure at the time, so I went and looked up an old email, and I am an INFJ.  (Or at least I have been in the past, do these things change?)

So, why are these tests so popular?  This was also posed tonight.   I figure we just like labels.  Maybe it diverts the responsibility from some of our choices.  I'm white and blue, man.  It's just who I am  (to cite the results of another well-worn personality test).  Or maybe it's easier to explain something when you can sum it up in a tidy package.  I mean, you think you know me a little better right now, don't you?  Don't tell me you've never had a conversation somewhat like this:

"So-and-so is red, maybe some yellow."
"Oh, mm-hmm."

(In fact, I just did tonight.)   I like to think that's efficiency.  It's probably laziness.

So... what are you?  (I'm lazy, okay? I think it's in my MBTI somewhere...)

5 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Definitely efficiency! :) I remember taking the MB test in college, but don't remember what I was. Do know that I'm about 99% blue... yikes! so much for being well-rounded, eh? ;) hahah

Sara said...

I love this post, Carrie. And I think you're absolutely right as to the reason why. Goodness, I'd love to chat with you more about this -- in person!

A Frost said...

I love this post. I think that I was a ENTJ when I took the test. I am a red-yellow on the color test. That is probably why were are such good friends :)

bh said...

ah, it is so much easier to put people in little boxes with pre-defined labels than actually getting to know them.

- ESFJ

michele said...

Hi Carrie, I found your blog!
I love the Myers-Briggs personality types. When I learn someone's type I consider it only a starting point. But its a great starting point.

INFJ's are my favorite, by the way. They all seem to have a sixth sense or something.

Andrea (if you read this) are you sure you're an ENTJ and not an ESFP? That's what I think you are.

By the way, I have heard people say that Emma Smith was an INFJ. I'm an ENFP.