I think some of you will appreciate this story.
It discusses a recent series of experiments that started by inducing happy or sad moods in people through watching a certain type of movie or thinking about positive or negative events.
It turned out the sad people were then less likely than the happy people to believe urban myths and rumors, less likely to make snap decisions based on racial or religious prejudices, and less likely to make mistakes when recalling an event.
The authors conclude, "Positive mood is not universally desirable..."
I'm thinking some of those depressing movies that never quite make it to the top of my Netflix queue should start moving up.
3 comments:
Huh. Now I don't feel so bad for feeling pretty melancholy for the last year or so. Maybe it's making me smarter. :)
i knew being negative was a good thing! i'll keep it up.
I knew I was on to something.
Post a Comment