In the last couple months of blog hiatus, I haven't been home much... on travel as often as I'm here. A lovely trip to Australia on vacation for two weeks (my sixth continent!), and a work trip to London for two weeks (yeah, life is rough).
I think my subconscious is happy to be home. Last night I dreamed that squatters had moved into my house while I was gone. (Well, in my dream it was my house, even though it looked nothing like my actual house.) I noticed their stuff right away, but was still on hold trying to call the police when people started showing up. By then word had gotten out, and there were like 50+ people trying to come into my house. I finally got them to leave... even though they didn't really get why it was a problem. They were awfully obliging, though, at least I got nice squatters. By then, my phone call to the police had been disconnected, so I called back, but sat on hold for another 30 minutes or so before I woke up. Apparently my subconscious also doubts the efficiency of the DeKalb County police.
I've been back for a week now, can I still blame the weird dreams on jetlag? Only one more short work trip before Christmas. Which is good... I've committed to get a lot done before the end of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment