Some things I underestimated:
- How much catching up with friends would feel like I'd never left, even though I haven't seen most of them in person in 3 years.
- How comforting and familiar it would feel to walk through the South End to BUMC.
- Ditto Fenway and the Citgo sign.
- How grating I would find the Boston and greater New England accents. I've never found them pleasant, but after a few years of being surrounded by Southerners, they're more than a little harsh.
- My patience for public transportation. The waiting, really, not the mode of transit.
- My ability to still navigate around Copley and the Back Bay. (After that, I wisely skipped Beacon Hill)
- That they might have actually cleaned the public restroom in Alewife in the last 3 years.
3 comments:
Wow, Carrie -- I didn't know it had been three years! You love that place! You DO need to get back more often!
Also, I think you're great. Just so cool and so . . . well, cool. Cool really is the word for it.
Also, I'm really glad you're coming home! I don't like knowing that I'm the only one home for days. We may not talk for days, but I like knowing there's someone in the house I could talk to, if I wanted. :)
Plus, you know -- I like you and stuff. :)
Oh, I am so jealous that you got to go... and I relate to the "wait, did I ever leave?" feeling. I miss that place and also you.
I'm so jealous you went back! We've been gone for three years too, and I soooo miss Boston :( I'm glad to hear you had a good trip!
Post a Comment