Thursday, July 15, 2010

If I believed in karma.

(A little late... some of you have already heard this story. Sorry, I'm catching up.)

I was in Seattle for work a couple weeks ago (only 8 more states to go!), and my sister flew up as well since she's off from teaching for the summer. She immediately loved the view from our 32nd floor hotel room. I made some sort of snide remark that she might not be so impressed if there was a fire and we had to climb down 32 flights of stairs.

The very next night? We climbed down 32 flights of stairs. (After being rudely awakened from my dozing during a late night House Hunters International. Don't mock.) And then sat on the sidewalk of downtown Seattle in our pajamas until the fire department gave the all-clear. Coincidence? My sister thinks not.


(If you can see it, that black stuff scattered across the ground is ash...)

(Also, I will admit to having momentary visions of Backdraft while I led our floor's occupants to the stairwell. No worries... I made sure to test the temperature of the doorknob before opening.)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Test the temperature of the doorknob before opening? Oh, Carrie . . . You would! I definitely would've forgotten that part. :/

Lisa Michelle said...

Yikes!! Glad you're ok!