I have stressful dreams. Rarely do I awake from a dream feeling peaceful. I think that must be where I work out my daily anxieties. Among said dreams, though, most belong to a predictable set of recurring dreams that I have over and over and over again. The settings differ, the contexts differ, but the overall themes are generally few. Such themes include (but are not limited to): falling, being naked in public, getting lost, etc. In particular, the naked-in-public dream I have with regularity is being in a bathroom/locker room/dressing room only to realize it is open on at least one side, and I am now exposed to the entire gym/office/store/street.
So, when I walked into my hotel room in Hong Kong (another work trip) the first thing I noticed was my entire bathroom is glass. I have not bothered to put down the shade, as I find I rather enjoy watching TV from the bathtub, or brushing my teeth while looking out across the room to the harbor view. But, literally the first thing I thought was... this is just like my dream.

(My life is so hard.)
5 comments:
WOW, Carrie-bird! What a SWEET hotel room!!!
oh, man, i was hoping you'd be in one of those pod hotels like the ones in japan... i guess this is cooler though
I love this post for a million reasons, so I'll just tell you the first one I thought of: You spelled "recurring" correctly. (Have I ever told you how much I hate it when people say "re-occurring?" Hm. As if that's even a word . . .)
Glass bathroom on hotel = fantastic.
Glass bathroom in McDonalds = less so.
Word has it you've been cursed with pestilence.
It's because God hates sarcasm.
Post a Comment