(It's still a little sterile at the moment.)
After many years of shared space, and 4 years here of having half a cubicle in a room with 9 other people, this is SO MUCH BETTER. I think I'd generally been pretty good at blocking out the ambient noise when I needed to, but I'm amazed how much easier it is to concentrate when I'm not in a relatively small room filled with several other people's conversations and conference calls and typing and breathing and... okay you get the point.
I'm still getting used to the layout of our new space, but I may have already done previously unheard of things like shut the door for an hour to finish up a presentation I was stressed about. In my past life, someone would always manage to interrupt at just the wrong time. Tomorrow, conference call in my own space without disrupting anyone. I may not be out of the cubicle farm forever, but for now I am enjoying my new walls.
And yet somehow all I can think of is this:

2 comments:
Cool! Congratulations! It's so nice to have an office. Funnily enough, my office situation has steadily worsened over time. At my first professional job, I had an office to myself -- complete with built-in bookshelves and a back porch. At my second, I shared an office with one other person; at my third, with two people; and now, I don't even have an office. :/
Congrats! I hope this means your productivity will rise exponentially and you won't just your new-found privacy to watch CDC TV:)
Post a Comment