Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If you could have a superpower, would you rather be invisible or be able to fly?

This was posed during some very deep (clearly) dinner conversation the other day. I picked flying, as did most, but there was one tempting vote for invisible. After all, you could watch people all you want without the awkwardness that might come with bald-faced staring. That's not too far off from the blog world, though, right? I see you, but you don't see me? Plenty of uninhibited people-watching. I have many friends on blogs these days, but as the number grows I only feel an increasing sense that I would be somehow cheating by keeping up on your lives in near anonymity without anything to reciprocate.

So, here I am. As you can see below, I had good intentions once upon a time. I've decided to try again. I make no guarantees as to longevity (or content). Maybe one day I'll fully embrace all this new media stuff.

Oh, and I guess I still pick flying. I can find other ways to be invisible.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I suppose you're right; they're are a lot of "invisibility" options these days. But to be truly invisible would be very cool. Yeah, yeah -- flying is convenient and economical, but being invisible could let you do some really cool (okay, sometimes questionable) things. I would use it to spy on people's conversations. There. I said it. I would break social rules and spy on people. How bad is that, really??? ;)

Laura said...

I pick flying, too. Though selective invisibility would be rad. Then I could sneakily come down to Atlanta and surprise you!

Glad to see you in the blogosphere, hon. Welcome back.