Thursday, December 3, 2009

Overheard in the airport.

I like airports. I find them oddly comforting. Every one seems to have its own unique personality. While in the Miami airport yesterday (work trip, more later), I noticed signs everywhere indicating that Miami was TSA's "2008 Airport of the Year". This, I soon gathered, was code for "Airport with the Most Neurotic Security Employees". It showed.

But, I did get to witness this exchange with the guy in front of me in line:

TSA lady (checking everyone's carry-on before letting people in the security line): Excuse me, sir. You need to check your bag. If it doesn't fit in that box it's too big.

Sir (dryly): I'm in first class. It fits.

TSA lady: I don't care what class you are. If it's too big, you can't carry it on.
I think he was annoyed. I was amused.


Aside: Also amusing were my two Cuban taxi drivers. Well, one was amusing. The other wrote his trip notes while driving with his knees, and when I leaned over to pay him, I noticed an open beer bottle in the cup holder. At 8:45 am.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Well, that beer bottle could've been left over from the night before . . . But still there's a problem with that picture, I guess. :)

I like airports, too!

bh said...

i'm surprised you didn't take the 1st class dude's side since your such a high roller yourself.