Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't worry, be happy.

I can't count how many times I heard that, or some variation, in the past week. I'm just back in (rainy) Atlanta, after spending seven (excessively sunny) days in the Caribbean with my sister while she took a spring break from her eighth graders. It was lovely.

I'm still deciding how I feel about cruising in general. On the one hand, how else would I explore seven islands in seven days? Which, I loved. Each island was remarkably unique. But, on the whole I think I'm a depth rather than breadth person. Nevertheless, here are the greatest hits:

Puerto Rico

St. John

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia

St. Kitts

St. Maarten

It's good to be home, especially for my peeling, reddened skin. But, not having a new beautiful island greeting me when I wake up tomorrow will be something of a let-down.

3 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

Totally stunning! Each place has its own unique flavor- it must have been so fun to figure each one our :-)

Laura said...

I'm stuck somewhere between exceedlingly happy for you and exceedingly jealous. SO beautiful!

Diana said...

lovely pics. i'm quite jealous. i think i'm more into depth, also, which may be why i have yet to try a cruise. i'm a little nervous. but if anyone could sway me, i know it would be you.